Sunday, June 8, 2008

Fundraising

Scroll down the blog and look to the right hand side of the blog at the fundraising thermometer. We are at $13,447. Which is over 65% of the total! I am so overjoyed with this!! God is so good!!!! A HUGE thank you to everyone who has given to Chayah's adoption!!! There is only about $6,000 left to raise now! I am trying to think about fundraising ideas. If anyone has any ideas, please share! Also, I was looking at getting a cafepress store to support the adoption as well. I'm am trying to figure out how it works, so if you know, please leave a comment! Thank you and I can't wait to read everyone's ideas on fundraisers!

2 comments:

Lexie said...

Wow!! This is awesome!!

Annie said...

Hey Staci, I think I probably told you about our Red Thread walk before, but just in case I didn't...

We had a walk-a-thon. We invited people to come and walk with us and to get sponsors for each mile that that they walked. We made t-shirts for all our walkers that had the Chinese characters for "friend" on the front and the quote about the red thread and something to the effect of "International adoption, changing lives one family at a time" on the back. After our walk we had a picnic at our house. It was a really nice way to spend the day with friends, and we raised close to $3000 if I remember correctly! It was the most successful fundraiser we did, and really didn't require all that much planning either.

And then of course, there are the old stand-bys of yard sales, sub/candy sales, car washes... you name it. :)